JACKSON, Miss.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services wants to remind Mississippians our state’s numerous online government services are available every day—especially during the coronavirus pandemic.
“Mississippi’s online services provide business continuity for citizens and businesses in our state during this uncertain time,” said Dr. Craig Orgeron, Executive Director of the Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services and Mississippi Chief Information Officer. “Additionally, by being offered online, all services maintain social distancing recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and the Mississippi State Department of Health.”
- Employment Services: Find and apply for available jobs.
- Driver License Renewal: Renew a driver license or state ID and change an address.
- Family Assistance: Check eligibility and apply for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and Energy Assistance.
- Vital Records: Purchase birth and death certificates.
- Tax Payments: Pay taxes online, even if filed by paper.
- Business Filings: File business documents with the Secretary of State.
- Health Professional License Renewal: State Department of Health’s online license system.
- Student Aid: Apply for state aid for college.
- Medical License Renewals: Manage licenses, permits and registrations associated with the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure.
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses: Purchase hunting and fishing licenses.
- Unclaimed Property: Search for and claim unclaimed property.
- Voter Registration: Check registration status or update voter information.
- Contracts and Bid Search: View state contracts and open procurement opportunities.
- Crash Reports: Obtain a copy of a Mississippi vehicle crash report.
To view a comprehensive listing of Mississippi services offered online visit: https://www.ms.gov/All_Services.
Additionally, ms.gov provides more information on COVID-19 in Mississippi, including:
- COVID-19 FAQs delivered 24/7 from the state’s chatbot, MISSI.
- Mobile alerts from the Mississippi Department of Health’s MS Ready Mobile App.
- The latest news and resources from the Mississippi State Department of Health and the CDC at coronavirus.ms.gov.
About Mississippi Interactive
Mississippi Interactive (MSI) is a public-private partnership between the state of Mississippi and Mississippi Interactive, LLC that helps state government entities Web-enable their information and services. Jackson-based MSI is celebrating its ninth year as the state’s official digital government services partner and is part of digital government firm NIC’s (Nasdaq: EGOV) family of companies. MSI also operates ms.gov, the official website of the state of Mississippi, which offers more than 250 state and local online services.
NIC Inc. (Nasdaq: EGOV) launched the digital government industry in 1992, and continues to lead it, providing a secure payment engine and thousands of digital government solutions across a network of more than 6,000 federal, state, and local government agencies. In addition, NIC is a leading provider of outdoor recreation solutions, with 1 out of 6 hunting and fishing licenses in the United States sold using an NIC service. The company created the nation’s first personal assistant for government and comprehensive mobile platform, Gov2Go®, as well as the innovative, data-driven prescription drug monitoring platform, RxGov®. More information is available at www.egov.com.
For more information, please contact:
MS Department of Information Technology Services
E-Government Program Lead
Mississippi Interactive, LLC
a member of NIC’s family of companies