AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–As digital innovation disrupts traditional business models, Kony, Inc., the fastest-growing, cloud-based digital application and low-code platform solutions company, recognized organizations that made remarkable progress in their digital transformation. The 2019 Kony Digital Innovation Award winners for Kony Quantum and Kony DBX were honored at the Kony Accelerate 2019 event. Winners include Amway, Hancock Whitney Bank, McDonald’s, Michaels, Oceaneering, ORNL Federal Credit Union, Partners Federal Credit Union, and UN International Organization of Migration.
Kony Quantum selected noteworthy winners that successfully drove digital innovation for their organization across a diverse number of industries:
- Amway, the Ada Michigan-based #1 direct selling company earns the Digital Transformation Award for leveraging mobile to fully re-imagine itself, harness digital innovation, and boost the company’s sales. Amway wanted to be more relevant in the new gig-economy and become a digital disruptor. Amway created its own disruption by putting new digital tools in the hands of its global direct-sales force. As a result, sales numbers rose to $8.8 billion in 2018, due in large part to Amway’s investment in delivering new digital experiences to its Amway Business Owners.
- The Community Impact Award goes to the United Nations International Organization for Migration (IOM). Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. Its revolutionary MigApp harnesses the power of mobile to connect migrants and provide trusted information and practical advice they can use as they travel to a new country.
- McDonald’s earns the Coolest Feature Award for its innovative MHQ mobile app. In June of 2018, McDonald’s cut the ribbon on their new world headquarters in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood. The new building is one of the finest examples of next-generation smart workplace designed buildings. Among its many great design features is the MHQ app, which is built on the Kony Quantum omni-channel, low-code platform. The MHQ app was recognized for its in-building way-finding feature, which helps employees conveniently navigate throughout the building, book a conference room, and even find the nearest coffee bar.
- Michaels, the largest arts and crafts retail chain in North America, earns the Customer Experience Award for its mobile app which makes every part of the customer journey easier through its unique conversational AI capability.
- The Speed to Market Award goes to Oceaneering for its successful start-to-finish deployment of an internal Progressive Web App (PWA) in just two weeks. The rapid pace continues as the company’s roadmap for PWA apps scales across the organization.
Kony DBX, the leading provider of digital banking and low-code platform solutions, selected banks and credit unions that made noteworthy strides in innovation and customer experience.
- Hancock Whitney is based in Gulfport, Mississippi and operates financial centers across the gulf-coast region. Hancock Whitney harnessed digital banking to differentiate the user experience with its customers to improve overall customer satisfaction and loyalty, as well as create a more unified, end-to-end digital banking service.
- ORNL Federal Credit Union is the largest credit union in East Tennessee. Always looking for unique ways to serve their members through better convenience, technology and experience, ORNL FCU developed an enterprise mobility strategy built on Kony DBX’s cloud-based digital banking platform to help retain and grow its member base. ORNL FCU recently added Kony DBX online banking to round out their multi-channel member experience.
- Partners Federal Credit Union is the official credit union for The Walt Disney Company cast members (as employees are referred to) and their family members. Partners was able to drive immediate increases in user adoption, user retention, mobile deposits, and other key performance indicators. The credit union continues to grow its partnership with Kony as they evolve their omni-channel banking strategy. By leveraging digital banking, they were able to achieve a 20 percent increase in mobile deposits, 64 percent increase in mobile Visa payments, and 34 percent increase in share transactions.
Kony DBX represents a major advancement to help banks and credit unions deliver frictionless digital experiences to customers across every point of interaction. Kony is the first vendor to provide pre-built, native and web apps along with a purpose-built digital banking platform for financial institutions. The Kony DBX platform builds on Kony’s digital expertise in multiple industries, with advanced technology solutions supported by an expansive partner network.
Kony Quantum combines the ease of use and speed of low-code application development with the power of the leading enterprise-grade digital experience development platform. Kony Quantum enables businesses to build mission-critical web and mobile solutions for both employees and consumer-facing apps on a unified platform, resulting in greater speed and productivity.
About Kony, Inc.
Kony is a fast-growing leader in digital experience development platforms and the emerging low-code platform market; and a recognized leader in digital banking. Kony Quantum provides low-code without limits, a next-generation low-code app development platform that delivers rich digital experiences. Kony DBX is the banking and financial services arm of Kony, Inc. and is a globally recognized leader in digital banking transformation. With a portfolio of modern, frictionless applications powered by the industry’s most recognized platform, Kony DBX enables banks and credit unions of any size to accelerate innovation — without compromising what’s critical.